Delivery & Shipping (under normal circumstances)
NOTICE: The buyer is responsible for providing an accurate shipping/delivery address. For gifts outside of the Greater Victoria area, we ship Canada Post. If a parcel is returned to us there will be return shipping costs, reshipping costs and minimum $12 handling fee. Please take a moment to make sure you provide an accurate shipping address!
Local Delivery Area (Greater Victoria)
Local Delivery Area (Greater Victoria)
- Orders received by 11:30am qualify for same-day delivery on Mon., Weds. and Fri. (Victoria & Westshore).
- Deliveries are generally not made on weekends and stat holidays, ask if important
- Victoria, Saanich & West Shore: $10.
- Sidney - $15. Same day delivery not available- may take up to 2-4 business days.
- CONDO - IMPORTANT INFO: Deliveries to a condo or gated address will only be attempted after we have made arrangements with the recipient. Additional attempts will result in additional delivery fees ($15 min), pick up at our shop or cancellation of the order minus handling and attempted delivery fees. Please supply adequate contact info for the condo recipient.
- Orders received by 12 noon qualify for next-business-day delivery when possible (non holiday, business day).
- Balloons, including complimentary balloons are not available outside of the Victoria/Sidney area.
- Base rate: Sidney - $15. Mill Bay to Nanaimo - $29.95. Parksville to Campbell River - $39.95 ( non rural locations only). (See van island gift boxes' below for flat rate of $10 to all area's of Canada (without alcohol) www.vanislandgiftbasket.com/
- We recommend a Vancouver Island Gift Box - $10 flat rate ($17.95 with alcohol)..
- For traditional gift baskets, rural base rate start at: $29.95+ for locations outside of the Greater Victoria area. Extra large or extra heavy baskets may require a rate adjustment. We will let you know right away. We do not ship traditional gift baskets to the mainland, northern, interior, gulf islands or remote locations.
- Balloons, including complimentary balloons are not available outside of the Victoria area due to courier limitations - with the exception of in house arranged deliveries near Christmas (up to and including Nanaimo).
- We recommend a shippable gift box - $10 for most boxes ($17.95 with alcohol).
- Shippable Gift Boxes are sent via CanadaPost - $10 flat rate (without alcohol)
- Deliveries to students living in residence are taken to the Craigdarroch Bldg - Lot 5 - the staff know us well! We correspond via text to let the student know their package is there to be picked up at their convenience.
- It is the responsibility of the sender to provide a correct address and recipient contact info. Failure to provide a correct address could result in the loss of a parcel at the senders expense. In the event that our driver must go to a second address, additional charges may incur.
- In the event that you wish to cancel your order, we will request a refund through our merchant processor. While the refund request will be acknowledged right away, it may take several business days for funds to be deposited back into your account (standard banking procedure). We use SQUARE SPACE as our merchant processor and do not have access to your credit card info or processing of payment.
- In the event cancellation is requested after your order has been processed (but not shipped) handling, restocking and material charges will apply.
- Simple variations and substitutions are acceptable and rarely affect the delivery date
- A delay can result when basket contents are substantially customized or not part of our regular inventory.
- Fruit or specialty meats, specialty cheese, etc. may require additional time and generally not available for same day delivery, outside of the Victoria area, nor during December.
We're busy little elves during the holidays, but never fear!
- Due to the vast increase in gift deliveries in December, we change our schedule to maximize efficiency and minimize carbon footprint; as a result, same-day and specific-day deliveries are sometimes difficult to accomplish. However, you are welcome to contact us to see what we can do to meet a tight deadline.
- We recommend you choose which week in December you would like your basket delivered. We try to finish our route by the 23rd but if we need to carry over, we will until all Victoria area baskets are delivered by the 25th.
- We substantially increase the number of crew to ensure your order is delivered by December 25th. However, for addresses outside of the Victoria area, the deadlines are:
- Mill Bay - Nanaimo - TBD
- North of Nanaimo & lower Mainland -TBD
- Shippable Gift Box: CanadaPost recommends shipment by December 9 for delivery across Canada
- When in doubt ... ask us!