Delivery & Shipping (under normal circumstances)
Customization can affect delivery date
- Simple variations and substitutions are acceptable and rarely affect the delivery date
- A delay can result when basket contents are substantially customized or not part of our regular inventory.
- Fruit or specialty meats, specialty cheese, etc. may require additional time and generally not available for same day delivery nor during December.
- Orders received by 11:30am qualify for same-day delivery when the date of delivery is a business day
- Orders received by 11am qualify for same day delivery on Fridays.
- Deliveries are generally not made on weekends and stat holidays, ask if important
- Victoria, Saanich & West Shore: $10.
- Delays in delivery may result in the event that the address is a condo or gated and the recipient is not there to receive it at the time of delivery.
- Orders received by 12 noon qualify for next-business-day delivery when the date of delivery is a non holiday, business day.
- Balloons, including complimentary balloons are not available outside of the Victoria/Sidney area.
- Base rate: Sidney - $13.95. Mill Bay to Nanaimo - $29.95 ( non rural locations only). (See 'van island gift boxes' below for flat rate of $10 to all area's of Canada (with the exception of boxes containing alcohol).
- Traditional gift baskets require much more careful handling than an ordinary box. They can also be more tempting if left unattended at your front door). This explains why we can not offer 'free shipping' or ultra low rates as major distributors do. They require more space, extra diligence when arranging delivery, etc.
- We recommend you select a Vancouver Island Gift Box - $10 flat rate (without alcohol) if you wish for other locations in BC. This also applies to non rural locations. Shawnigan Lake, Gulf Islands, mainland, etc, we recommend a shippable gift box.
- Cellophane wrapped gift baskets are delivered by A.C.E. Courier, Maximum Express, or another local courier company. Courier companies pick-up on business days and deliver on business days, so a next-day delivery by courier does not count weekends and holidays.
- Rural base rate: $29.95+ for locations outside of the Greater Victoria area. Extra large or extra heavy baskets may require a rate adjustment. We will let you know right away. We do not ship traditional gift baskets to remote, mainland, northern or interior locations.
- Balloons, including complimentary balloons are not available outside of the Victoria area due to courier limitations - with the exception of in house arranged deliveries near Christmas (up to and including Nanaimo).
- Shippable Gift Boxes are sent via CanadaPost unless they contain alcohol - then we use a courier.
- Delivery to most gulf islands is outrageously expensive compared to Vancouver Island and some gulf islands have no courier service at all. We recommend a shippable gift box - $10 for most boxes (without alcohol).
- Shipping via courier to remote areas of BC is prohibitively expensive and we can not guarantee that a traditional gift basket arrives in fine form to these remote areas (due to substantial handling and 3rd party contractors).
- For most economical results, we recommend a shippable BOX sent by CanadaPost. We'll still add a personal message and it will look lovely!
- Shippable Gift Boxes are sent via CanadaPost - $10 flat rate (no alcohol)
- In most cases, available for next day delivery. If we can arrange the same day, we will.
- Alcohol will incur additional charges due to the extra caution and logistics required to deliver.
- Deliveries to students living in residence are taken to the Craigdarroch Bldg - Lot 5 - the staff know us well! We correspond via text to let the student know their package is there to be picked up at their convenience.
- It is the responsibility of the sender to provide a correct address. Failure to provide a correct address could result in the loss of a parcel at the senders expense. In the event that our driver must go to a second address, additional charges may incur.
We're busy little elves during the holidays, but never fear!
- Due to the vast increase in gift deliveries in December, we change our schedule to maximize efficiency and minimize carbon footprint; as a result, same-day and specific-day deliveries are sometimes difficult to accomplish. However, you are welcome to contact us to see what we can do to meet a tight deadline.
- We recommend you choose which week in December you would like your basket delivered. We try to finish our route by the 23rd but if we need to carry over, we will until all Victoria area baskets are delivered by the 25th.
- We have a substantially increased crew to ensure your order is delivered by December 25th. However, for addresses outside of the Victoria area, the deadlines are:
- Mill Bay - Nanaimo - order should be placed by 11AM Dec. 18th
- North of Nanaimo & lower Mainland - order should be placed by 11AM Dec. 15th
- Shippable Gift Box: CanadaPost recommends shipment by December 9 for delivery across Canada
- When in doubt ... ask us!